Microsoft has just updated KB 977057:
A properties setting of a deployment management object is unexpectedly changed on a computer that is running System Center Configuration Manager 2007
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- You create a deployment management object by using the Configuration Manager console.
Note The deployment management objects are saved in the following location:Computer Management\Software Updates\Deployment Management
- In the properties dialog box of this object, you select the Download Settings page. Then, under Specify whether to allow clients that are within the boundaries for one or more protected distribution points to download and install software updates from unprotected distribution points when the updates are not available from any protected distribution point, you click Do not install software updates.
- You drag some updates onto this object, and then you complete the Deployment Wizard.
- You again open the properties dialog box of this object.
In this scenario, the Do not install software updates setting on the Download Settings page is unexpectedly changed to the Download software updates from unprotected distribution points and install setting.