Microsoft has just updated KB 2309968:
Slow performance after you change the system time or after you resume the computer from hibernation on a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 client
Consider the following scenario:
- You deploy many updates to a Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) client.
- You perform an operation that generates the WM_TIMECHANGE message from the client computer. For example, you perform one of the following operations:
- You change the system time.
- You resume a computer from sleep.
- You resume a computer from hibernation.
In this scenario, the computer runs slowly for some time. Additionally, the CPU usage is high, and the computer processes a heavy workload of disk I/O.