This page contains the various categories for the SCCM 2012 Software Updates What’s New FAQs.
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012?
- Automatic Deployment Rules
- Software Update Groups replace Software Update Lists
- Software Update Filtering
- Software Updates Monitoring
- Manage Superseded Software Updates
- Users have more control over Software Update Installation
- Software Update content now stored in the Content Library
- “Deployment Templates” Node Removed
- Internet-based Clients can first try to install Software Updates from Microsoft Update
- Software Updates Deployment object no longer visible in ConfigMgr Console
- “Network Access Protection” node and “New Policies Wizard” no longer available
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 SP1?
- Automatic Deployment Rule can be run up to 3 times a day
- Control of the Write Filter on Windows Embedded devices when deploying Software Updates
- Existing WSUS Server can be specified as the Upstream synchronization source location
- New “Definition Updates” and “Patch Tuesday” Automatic Deployment Rule Templates
- Multiple Software Updates can be selected from Software Center to install as a group
- New “Disable deadline randomization” Client Setting disables Installation randomization delay for required Software Updates and required Applications