This page contains the various categories for the SCCM 2012 Migration Design & Planning FAQs.
- What objects can I Migrate from ConfigMgr 2007/ 2012 to ConfigMgr 2012?
- What is the “Source” Hierarchy?
- What is the “Destination” Hierarchy?
- Can I Migrate from more than One Hierarchy at a Time?
- Can I Migrate Sites that have the Same Site Code in my Source and Destination Hierarchies?
- Do I have to Migrate everything in one Go?
- Can I Re-Migrate an Object if I’ve Updated it?
- Which versions of ConfigMgr and SMS can I migrate from?
- Is Historical Client data migrated to ConfigMgr 2012?
- Will Clients Re-run Advertisements once they’ve been upgraded to ConfigMgr 2012?
- Do I have to assign a Site in the Destination Hierarchy as the Content Owner for any Migrated Content?
- What is a “Shared Distribution Point”?
- If I Migrate a ConfigMgr 2007 Distribution Point to a ConfigMgr 2012 Hierarchy will all of the Content be deleted and need to be redistributed?
- When a ConfigMgr 2007 DP is Migrated to a ConfigMgr 2012 DP is the ConfigMgr 2007 Content Maintained?
- If I Migrate a ConfigMgr 2012 Distribution Point to a New ConfigMgr 2012 Hierarchy will all of the Content be deleted and need to be redistributed?
- Are ConfigMgr 2007 Packages Migrated to ConfigMgr 2012 as Applications?
- Can I convert Packages migrated from ConfigMgr 2007 to ConfigMgr 2012 to be Applications?
- Where can I download the Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Package Conversion Manager?
- Is the ConfigMgr 2007 Package ID Retained when a ConfigMgr 2007 Package is Migrated to ConfigMgr 2012?
System Health Validator Point