This page contains the various categories for the SCCM 2012 Hierarchy Design & Planning FAQs.
- What is a ConfigMgr 2012 “Hierarchy”?
- What is a Parent Site?
- What is a Child Site?
- Do I have to install a ConfigMgr Hierarchy?
- Have the Hierarchy “Rules” in ConfigMgr 2012 changed from ConfigMgr 2007?
- If I have a Hierarchy do I have to install my Site Servers in a particular order?
- If I install a Standalone Primary first and then realise I need a Hierarchy can I convert my Standalone Primary to a CAS?
- Can a Hierarchy span multiple Active Directory Forests?
- Can I migrate data from one Hierarchy to another?
Central Administration Site
- How many Central Administration Sites can I have in my Hierarchy?
- How many Child Primary Sites can a Central CAS support?
- What are the Hierarchy “Rules” for a Central Administration Site?
- Can a CAS be a Child Site?
- Can I administer all Sites in my Hierarchy from my CAS?
- In a ConfigMgr Hierarchy do I have to install the CAS first?
- What is the benefit of installing just a Standalone Primary rather than a CAS and a Child Primary?
- What are the Hierarchy “Rules” for a Primary Site?
- Can a Primary Site be a Child Site of a CAS?
- Can a Primary Site be a Child of another Primary Site?
- Can I change the Parent Site of a Primary Site?
- How many Child Secondary Sites can a Primary Site support?
- What are the Hierarchy “Rules” for a Secondary Site?
- Can a Secondary Site be a Child Site of a CAS?
- Can a Secondary Site be a Child of a Primary Site?
- Can I change the Parent Site of a Secondary Site?
- How many Clients can a ConfigMgr 2012 Hierarchy Support?
- If I expand a Standalone Primary running SQL Server Standard into a Hierarchy will this affect the number of Clients the Hierarchy can support?
- If I expand a Standalone Site that has a local Site Database and 100,000 Clients, into a Hierarchy will ConfigMgr warn me I’m now in an unsupported state?
- Can I expand a Standalone ConfigMgr 2012 RTM Primary Site into a Hierarchy?
- Can I expand more than one Standalone Primary into a Hierarchy?
- Does the new CAS need to be able to contact the Standalone Primary I want to expand?
- What are the Prerequisites for Expanding a Standalone Primary Site?
- Can I convert a CAS to a Standalone Primary Site?
- Can I convert a Child Primary Site to a Standalone Primary Site by detaching it from a Hierarchy?
- Can a ConfigMgr 2012 Site/ Hierarchy interoperate with a ConfigMgr 2007 Site/ Hierarchy?
- Can a ConfigMgr 2007 Site be a Child Site of a ConfigMgr 2012 Site?
- Can I run ConfigMgr 2007 and 2012 Hierarchies side-by-side?
- Can I run a mixed version ConfigMgr Hierarchy i.e. RTM and SP1?
- What are the Limitations when upgrading to ConfigMgr 2012 Service Pack 1?
- What are the Limitations when upgrading to ConfigMgr 2012 Release 2?