This page contains the various categories for the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager / ConfigMgr / SCCM 2012 OSD / Operating System Deployment Design & Planning FAQs.
- Can I deploy an Operating System to computers that don’t have the ConfigMgr Client installed on them?
- Can I import Windows ADK-based Boot Images to a RTM Site?
- Can I import Windows AIK-based Boot Images to a SP1 Site?
Operating System Upgrades
- If I upgrade the Operating System on a User’s computer can I retain all of their data and settings?
- Where does a User’s State Data get stored during an Operating System upgrade?
- Does PXE in ConfigMgr 2012 support IA-32 EFI computers?
- When a Client PXE Boots, how does the Distribution Point decide which Management Point to use?
- Can I Sysprep an Operating System that’s been upgraded?
- Do I have to use Sysprep to Capture an image?
- What is “Provisioning Mode”?
- Is there a list of machine models somewhere that I can use as the basis of my OSD Task Sequences to only apply drivers to certain models?
Windows Deployment Services