This page contains the various categories for the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager / ConfigMgr / SCCM 2012 Site Systems What’s New FAQs.
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012?
- New Site System Roles
- Bandwidth and Throttling Controls between Site Server and Distribution Point
- Distribution Points can now be installed on Servers and Workstations
- Distribution Point and Management Point can be installed during Setup
- Improved Distribution Point Groups
- Management Points now automatically Load Balance
- Multiple Internet-based Management Points can be configured per Site
- No more “Proxy” Management Points” at Secondary Sites
- Preferred Distribution Points replace Protected Distribution Points
- Server Locator Point now part of the Management Point
- Site Server Roles Removed
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 SP1?
- Ability to Configure Proxy Server on Site System Server
- Ability to provide Credentials for the Site Server to use to connect to the WSUS server
- “Active Software Update Point” deprecated
- Direct upgrade of NLB SUP from RTM to SP1 Unsupported
- New Cloud Distribution Point
- New Pull-Distribution Point
- Software Update Points Redesigned
- Support for Windows Server 2012
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 R2?
- New Certificate Registration Point Site System Role
- Support for Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 for Site Server/ Site System Roles
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 SP2/ R2 SP1