This page contains the various categories for the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager / ConfigMgr / SCCM 2012 Endpoint Protection What’s New FAQs.
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012?
- Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection integrated to ConfigMgr 2012
- Endpoint Protection Client installed via Client Settings
- New “Endpoint Protection Manager” Security Role for managing Endpoint Protection
- New Endpoint Protection Reports
- Definition Engine and Updates can be distributed via Software Updates
- Automatic Alerts for detected Malware
- Endpoint Protection Dashboard Now Fully Integrated
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 SP1?
- Ability to only install the Endpoint Protection Client during Maintenance Windows
- Definition Updates can be configured to Write to the Overlay on Windows Embedded devices
- Multiple antimalware policies deployed to the same Client are merged on the Client
- New Software Update Deployment Template for deploying Definition Updates
- Improvements to Software Updates allows more frequent distribution of Definition Updates
- Installation can be Committed to Windows Embedded Devices that are Write Filter Enabled