This page contains the various categories for the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager / ConfigMgr / SCCM 2012 Content Management What’s New FAQs.
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012?
- New Content Library
- Content Distribution can be scheduled to Distribution Points
- Prestaging of content on Remote Distribution Points and control of content updates
- Improved Content Monitoring
- Content Validation
- BranchCache now Integrated to ConfigMgr 2012
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 SP1?
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 R2?
- Clients using BranchCache no longer restart Failed Content Downloads from the Beginning
- Content Validation improvements
- Deployment purpose of “Required” for RT, iOS and Android
- Distributions in Progress can be Cancelled and Failed Distributions Re-attempted
- Multiple Network Access Accounts can be Configured at a Site
- Pull-DPs Now Push Status for Completed Jobs
- Pull-DPs Support Prioritisation of Source DPs
- Speed of Transfer to each DP Now Calculated
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 SP2/ R2 SP1
- Configuration Manager Company Portal App
- HTTPS Only DPs can now be selected as the Source DP for a Pull DP
- If a Content transfer between a Site Server and DP fails, the transfer resumes at the point of failure
- New notification warning if Content is distributed to a Pull DP and no source DP has been configured
- Pull DPs have their own controls for concurrent distribution settings to multiple Pull DPs
- Pull DP only downloads remaining content from the next DP in the Source DP List if a failure occurs when transferring content from a Source DP
- Remote Differential Compression only used for files larger than 16 KB