This page contains the various categories for the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager / ConfigMgr / SCCM 2012 Compliance Settings What’s New FAQs.
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012?
- “Desired Configuration Management” renamed to “Compliance Settings”
- New “Compliance Settings Manager” built-in Security role
- Improved Flexibility in Creating Settings
- New Reuse of Settings for Multiple Configuration Items
- Increased Remediation Options
- Ability to set a Compliance Threshold
- Compliance Settings utilises the Monitoring Capabilities of ConfigMgr 2012
- Configuration Baselines can be deployed to Users
- Maintenance Windows supported for Configuration Baseline Deployments and Evaluation
- Versioning supported for Configuration Items
- Configuration Items for both Users and Devices
- Improved Reporting
- Detection and Reporting of Compliance Rules in Conflict
- Uninterrupted Configuration Items Unsupported
- Several ConfigMgr 2007 Desired Configuration Management items no longer supported
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 SP1?
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 R2?
- New “iOS 7 and iOS 8 Security Settings” extension
- New Mobile Device settings and Setting Groups added