This page contains the various categories for the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager / ConfigMgr / SCCM 2012 Client What’s New FAQs.
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012?
- New 64-bit ConfigMgr Client
- Location of the “CCM” directory has changed
- Changes to Internet-based Client Management
- Client Agents are now Client Settings
- New Client Notifications
- No more Site Modes
- Clients can use any Management Point for Content Location Requests
- Client and Server Languages
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 R2?
- Microsoft Intune can manage Windows 8.1 devices
- New “Resultant Client Settings” feature
- Optional Extensions for Microsoft Intune introduce new Mobile Device Management Capabilities to the ConfigMgr Console
- Support for Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 as Clients
- Unified Write Filter now supported
- Wipe and Retire functions can remove just company data