This page contains the various categories for the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager / ConfigMgr / SCCM 2012 Applications & Packages What’s New FAQs.
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012?
- New Application Model
- New User Device Affinity
- Requirement Rules for Conditional Application Deployment
- Global Conditions can be used with any Deployment Type
- Deployments distribute Applications
- Detection Methods can detect if Deployment Type already installed on a Device
- Application Management uses Monitoring
- Packages and Programs are Supported
- New Software Center
- Users no longer need to logoff/ on to pick up new User-based Deployments
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 SP1?
- New Deployment Types for Mobile Devices
- New “Mac OS X” Deployment Type to deploy applications to Mac OS X computers
- New “Microsoft Application Virtualization 5” Deployment Type to deploy App-V 5.0 applications
- Users can’t install applications from the Application Catalog if the “Enable user policy on clients” is set to “No”
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 R2?
- Ability to specify a “Privacy” link for each Application
- New “Display this as a featured app and highlight it in the company portal” option in the Create Application Wizard
- New “Web Application” Deployment Type
- Support for Windows 8.1 “.appxbundle” Packages
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 SP2/ R2 SP1
- Revisions of Applications now inherit all Dependencies from the previous Revision
- Supersedence relationships can now be created that can update dependent Applications to a newer version