This page contains the various categories for the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager / ConfigMgr / SCCM 2012 App-V What’s New FAQs.
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012?
- Virtual Applications support App-V Dynamic Suite Composition
- Selective Publishing of Virtual Application Components
- Performance Improvements when Publishing Application Shortcuts to Clients
- Faster checking for Required Installation after Logon and when the Desktop is Unlocked
- Deployment of Applications to Users of Remote Desktop Services/ Citrix servers even if other users are logged in
- Virtual Application Streaming over the Internet from an Internet-based Distribution Point
- Streaming support for packages suited together using Dynamic Suite Composition
- All Distribution Points automatically capable of virtual application streaming
- Application Content no longer duplicated for Multiple Application Revisions
- Virtual Application content no longer persisted in the ConfigMgr Client Cache
- Virtual Applications must be created using Application Management
- Migration of Virtual Applications from ConfigMgr 2007 to ConfigMgr 2012 is Supported
- “Allow virtual application package advertisement” Client option removed
- Virtual applications deployed from an App-V Server not deleted by the ConfigMgr Client
- Hardware Inventory can inventory Virtual Applications deployed by an App-V Server
- Application Content downloaded to App-V cache not downloaded to ConfigMgr Client cache
What’s New in ConfigMgr 2012 SP1?