This page contains the various categories for the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager / ConfigMgr / SCCM 2012 Software Updates Troubleshooting FAQs.
Automatic Deployment Rules
- “ERROR: DownloadContentFiles() failed with hr=0x80070197 Software Updates Patch Downloader”
- Why are Automatic Deployment Rules not audited?
- Why does my automatic Deployment Rule show an incorrect value for the “Software Available Time”?
- Content Status showing as “Waiting for content” for a Software Updates Deployment Package
- Why does my Deployment Package not reach the targeted Distribution Point/ Distribution Point Group?
- “The number of updates in the selected group exceeds the maximum allowed per deployment. The maximum number of updates for any single deployment is 1000. Reduce the number of updates in this group to create a deployment.”
- Why do Internet only Clients append the custom port configured for Software Updates to the URL for the Windows Update service?
- Why am I seeing “Http: Response, HTTP/1.1, Status: Bad gateway, URL: http://Exception_URL/ClientWebService/client.asmx” when deploying Software Updates?
- Why aren’t any Software Updates for Windows Server 2012 shown in the “Schedule Updates Wizard”?
- Why aren’t Windows 10 Updates listed despite them being synchronised and downloaded locally?
- Why do Software Updates downloaded or imported to a CAS have a “Downloaded” status of “No” at a Child Primary Site?
- Why does the “Downloaded” value for Windows XP and Server 2003 Software Updates show as “No” on my Child Primary Site but “Yes” on my CAS?
- Why don’t I see Windows Server 2012 Updates I’ve already downloaded in the “Schedule Updates Wizard”?
- Why is Security Update MS10-019 not visible in the ConfigMgr Console for some operating systems?
- Why when I use search criteria for “All Software Updates” saved in the English version of ConfigMgr 2012 in a non-English version of ConfigMgr does it display different results?
Software Update Groups
- Why does Adding or Removing a Deployment from a Software Update Group result in an increased load on Object Replication Manager which delays the distribution of Software Updates in my Hierarchy?
- Why is the “Allow clients to share content with other clients on the same subnet” option ignored?
- Why when I Add or Delete a Deployment to a Software Update Group does a Policy evaluation occur for all Deployments within the group and not just those that have changed?