This page contains the various categories for the SCCM 2012 Client Deployment Troubleshooting FAQs.
- Clients not showing as Assigned despite Boundaries configured correctly
- Site Assignment fails with either “Failed to get Site Version from all directories” or “Failed to refresh security settings over AD with error 0x87d00217”
- Why am I seeing a large number of Clients being Assigned to my Fallback Site when they’re in valid Boundaries?
- Why are Clients being Assigned to the wrong Site when I use Automatic Site Assignment?
- Why if I Reassign an Internet-based Workgroup Client to a New Site does the Client continue to stay Assigned to the original Site until it connects to the intranet?
- Linux and UNIX Clients
- “An error occurred while registering providers” when trying to install the Client on AIX computers
- “ERROR: information for “SUNWopenssl-libraries” was not found” when trying to install the ConfigMgr Client on Solaris 11.1 SPARC
- “Pre-Install validator failed. Please check the version of OpenSSL with CM installation requirements” when trying to install the Linux Client
- Why can’t I install the Client on Linux computers that have an Athlon kernel?
- Why do Custom Paths in the OMI installation cause certificate regeneration?
- Why do files installed by the ConfigMgr Client have the incorrect owner after installation?
- Why if I use the “-keepdb” option on a fresh installation of the ConfigMgr Client is no data store created?
- Why when I install the ConfigMgr Client on Linux/ UNIX does the installation not honour the “TMPDIR” variable?
- Mac Client
- “Error received: Server Connection failed. HTTP Response code is 400 and reason is Bad request” when enrolling Mac Client
- “The certificate chain processed correctly but terminated in a root certificate not trusted per ConfigMgr CTL” when trying to register the Mac Client in SP1
- Why after installing or upgrading the Mac Client then trying to renew the Certificate does the “Preference” pane turn blank and the “Enroll” button become active yet the certificate isn’t expired?
- Windows Client
- “Couldn’t verify ‘C:\WINDOWS\ccmsetup\MicrosoftPolicyPlatformSetup.msi’ authenticode signature. Return code 0x800b0101”
- “Error 25150. Setup was unable to register the CCM_Service_HostingConfiguration endpoint” when trying to install the ConfigMgr 2012 Client on a MP
- “Fail to get the CAB file name because of unsupported processor type: 0” when trying to install the ConfigMgr Client
- “MSI: Setup was unable to compile the file DiscoveryStatus.mof The error code is 8004100E” when trying to deploy SCCM 2012 Client
- “There is not enough available disk space on to complete this operation” error when trying to install Client Updates on Windows XP/ Windows Server 2003 Clients
- “This operating system does not contain the correct version of BITS. BITS 2.5 or later is required” error when installing the ConfigMgr 2012 Client
- Why am I seeing multiple “Warning” messages in the Application Log for “PolicyAgentInstanceProvider” whilst the ConfigMgr Client is being installed?
- Why can’t I deploy the ConfigMgr Client to a machine running the French version of Windows 7 SP1?
Client Installation Methods
- Client Push
- Manual Client Installation
- Software Update Point
- Exchange Server Connector
- Why doesn’t the Exchange Server Connector perform a full sync when multiple concurrent remote PowerShell connections are active at the same time on the same Exchange Online account?
- Why is the “Require password setting on devices” Policy listed as “Error” for a mobile device when the Policy has been applied successfully?
- “Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 8169, severity 16: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Conversion failed when converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier.”
- Linux and UNIX Clients