This page contains the various categories for the SCCM 2012 SQL Design & Planning FAQs.
- Which versions of SQL Server does ConfigMgr 2012 support?
- Can I use the x86 version of SQL?
- Does ConfigMgr 2012 meet the standards defined in GB18030?
- Can different Sites in my Hierarchy use different SQL Database Collations?
- Which SQL Features do I need to install on a Site Server?
- Do I need to install the “SQL Server replication” feature for ConfigMgr 2012 Database Replication to work?
- Does ConfigMgr require its own dedicated instance of SQL?
- Does ConfigMgr require Windows Authentication?
- Should I configure the “SQL Server” Service to run as a Domain User Account or the Local System Account?
- Can a SQL Server host multiple Site Databases from different Sites?
- Where can I find the Microsoft Support Lifecycle for SQL?
- Can different Sites in a ConfigMgr Hierarchy be running different versions of SQL Server?
- Do I have to install SQL Server upgrades on ConfigMgr Sites in a Hierarchy in a specific order?
- Does the SQL Edition I install for the Site Database of a Central Administration Site affect the maximum number of Clients that can be supported?
- Does the SQL Edition I install for the Site Database of a Standalone Primary Site affect the maximum number of Clients that can be supported?
- If I upgrade from SQL Standard on my CAS to SQL Enterprise or Datacenter will my Hierarchy then be able to support more than 50,000 Devices in Client Group 1?
- Which version of SQL Express does ConfigMgr Setup install?
- Is my Site Database limited to a certain size if I use SQL Express on a Secondary Site?
- Do I need to configure SQL Server Express for a Secondary Site?
- Can I upgrade the SQL Service Pack on a Site Server?
- Can different Sites in a ConfigMgr Hierarchy each be running a different SQL Service Pack?
- Do I have to install SQL Server Service Pack upgrades on ConfigMgr Sites in a Hierarchy in a specific order?
- Database Files
- Service Principal Name
- SQL Services
- Can I perform an “In-place” upgrade from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2008 R2 on a ConfigMgr Server?
- Can I perform an “In-place” upgrade to SQL Server 2012 on a ConfigMgr Server?
- Can I perform an “In-place” upgrade to SQL Server 2014 on a ConfigMgr Server?