This page contains the various categories for the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager / ConfigMgr / SCCM 2012 Client Design & Planning FAQs.
- What is the ConfigMgr “Client”?
- Does the ConfigMgr Client have to be installed on a device before it can be managed?
- What Management Tasks can I perform once I’ve installed the ConfigMgr Client?
- Does “Device” mean just a Mobile Device?
- Does ConfigMgr 2012 only support ConfigMgr 2012 Device and Mobile Clients?
- Can Clients in one Active Directory Forest communicate with a Site Server installed in a different Forest?
- What is DirectAccess?
- Does ConfigMgr 2012 support DirectAccess?
- Are there any limitations to Client Management via DirectAccess?
Fast User Switching
Internet-Based Client Management
- What is “Internet-Based Client Management”?
- What are the differences between Internet-Based Client Management and DirectAccess?
- What ConfigMgr Features are Not Supported when a Client is on the Internet?
- Are User Policies supported on Clients on the Internet?
- Where do ConfigMgr Internet-Based Clients download their Software Updates from?
- Does ConfigMgr support Languages other than English?
- Are there different types of Language Pack?
- Do I still need to install International Client Packs in order to support different Languages on my Clients?
- Which components use the Client Language Packs?
- What language does a ConfigMgr Site/ Client use by default?
- Which Language Preferences do the Language Packs use to display information?
- Do I have to install all of the Languages I want to use on my Clients at the time I install my Site Servers?
- What are the Prerequisites for supporting different Languages on my Clients?
- What happens if I add a Client Language Pack for a Site?
- Do ConfigMgr Clients support all Language Packs?
- If I add a new Client Language Pack to a Site do I need to reinstall my Clients?
- Are Client Language Packs installed as part of the ConfigMgr Client installation?
- Are there any Client Installation Methods that can’t be used for managing the Language Packs supported for an existing ConfigMgr Client?